Plastic Injection Mold Trial Checking List
When mold finish machining, fitting parting line and final assembly, it steps into tryout procedure. To a new mold, the first mold tryout is very important. By means of a complete tryout procedure, we can evaluate if the mold function works well including injection system, ejection system and side cores system and so on
During tryout, the plastic parts are samples. With proper injection parameters, we can evaluate the quality of samples and mold. After tryout, we summarize a correction list in order to obtain good parts eventually and satisfied by customer.
Mold tryout list is aimed at checking mold and samples in details and documented as a report as customer request. It includes the checking list of mold and that of sample. Here, we only list some of checking items in common use.
Check list of mold is followed:
1) Is the mold clean?
2) Is the mold faces free from corrosion?
3) Are mold dimensions correct as designed? Record the actual dimensions.
4) Is material of mold component correct as designed?
5) Is hardness of mold component correct as designed?
6) Does ejection system move full stroke at injection and ejection directions?
7) Is the ejection pressure without part OK as customer request?
8) Is the ejection pressure with part OK as customer request?
9) Does ejection have noise when moving?
10) Does lifter have anti-rotation?
11) Is lifter shaft rod in good location and guidance?
12) Does parting line fitting well?
13) Does parting line protection plate fitting well?
14) Does angle location plate fitting well?
15) Are wear plates presents on the sides?
16) Does slide work in correct position of injection and ejection direction?
17) Do angle pins have anti-rotation?
18) Is guide pin long enough to protect inside of mold?
19) Is one guide pin in offset?
20) Is there adequate venting on the mold?
21) Do handling holes realized on all mold plates as designed?
22) Does the mold lifting square?
23) Does cooling system work well as designed?
24) Does hydraulic system work well if applicable?
25) Does injection system work well? Hot runner drawings are available if applicable?
26) Is clamping force correct as designed?
27) Are water and oil circuits (if applicable) identifications clearly marked with number and IN/OUT?
28) Are water connection correct and in position as designed?
29) Are oil connections correct and in position as designed?
30) Are electrical connections correct and in position as designed?
31) Is mold identification plates present on the mould?
32) Are all wires protected and enclosed according to customer standard?
Check list of sample (part) is followed:
1)Is gate position correct?
2)Are gating filling balanced for multi-cavities mould?
3)Are gating filling balanced in one part?
4)Is gating jetting?
5)Is part free of flash?
6)Is part free of distortion during ejection?
7)Is the part free from ejector pin marks?
8)Is part free of damage?
9)Is there mismatch on part?
10)Is polishing on cavity surface OK?
11)Is polishing on ribs OK?
12)Is polishing on core surface acceptable?
13)Is part weight in tolerance?
14)Does part have short molding?
15)Are flow lines or weld lines acceptable?
16)Are sink marks acceptable?
17)Is part gassing?
18)Is part sticking on cavity side?
19)Is wall thickness of part correct?
20)Does part has contamination?
21)Is marking present on part as per customer request?
22)Are part’s dimensions correct as per part drawing/ 3D CAD data? Part measurement report available?
23)Do parts have good packaging in carton before delivery?
- Automotive Head Light Housing Tooling Mould DesignUpmold2018-03-17T09:29:06+00:00