Collapsible Core Injection Molding Molds
Collapsible core injection molding moulds manufacturer Upmold offers internal undercut injection molding & tooling, from part design, tooling design, molds making, tooling trial and producing.
- internal undercut injection molding
- collapsible core injection molding
- collapsible core mechanism design and manufacturing
- dovetail collapsible core custom
- collapsibility of core tooling building
Collapsible Core injection mold parts
Collapsible core injection molding applies on plastic injection molding and extrusion, that is good for the parts what inner cavity dimension is bigger than outer dimension, it could demould quickly and successfully when injection and extrusion, such as pipe/fittings with collapsible, instrument shell, sealed gate. etc.
Collapsible core technology characteristic:
- Ingenious structure, moving and demoulding in limited space
- High precision and consistency for components
- Cool machining technology for material with high hardness
- Security & reliable mechanical structure for multi-cavities injection mold, and make the tooling size smaller.
The collapsible core having a straight pin improved stability of the collapsible core segments improving the dimensional accuracy of the molded part. The pin diameter matches the inside diameter of the segments and by being contained by a stripper or containment ring matched to the outside of the segments the pin and the segmented sleeves are self-centering and extremely accurate.
Shorter and spring-loaded segments reduce the possibility of injection pressure opening the segments. This reduces the time for injection and reduces cycle time. The increased contact area between the pin and the collapsible core segments improves mold cooling allowing for faster cycle times. The change of shape of the contact area between the segments and the pin, rounded surfaces moving across flat surfaces, reduces wear allowing for less maintenance.