What is the draft angle?
The draft angle is the amount of taper for molded or cast parts perpendicular to the parting line. It can be measured in degrees or mm/mm (in/in).
Why draft angle on injection molding molds?
- Reduces the chance of damage to the part due to friction during release
- Reduces wear and tear and chances of damage to the mold
- Ensures a uniform, smooth, unscratched finish when required
- Ensures the integrity and uniformity of other surface finishes and textures
- Reduces overall cooling time by lessening or eliminating the need for unconventional ejection setups
- Most, if not all, of these benefits offer either direct or indirect overall production cost reductions
Address: 3000 Airport Rd, Warsaw, Indiana 46582, USA
8:00am – 6:00pm
Follow Us On Social Media For Tips, News & New Products!
- Automotive Head Light Housing Tooling Mould DesignUpmold2018-03-17T09:29:06+00:00